ARO Refresher Training
ARO Refresher Training
We provide an e-learning course for those who have already completed Aerodrome Reporting Officer. We can also provide face to face refresher training for those that prefer the qualities of personal delivery. The Civil Aviation Safety Authority recommends that ARO/WSO staff conduct refresher training every 2 to 5 years. (AC139-13)
Our E-Learning presents great value for money and is a self paced format. The course is intended to CHALLENGE the students and INCREASE the level of knowledge of Aerodrome Reporting Officers.
We generally advise that students should allow around two weeks to complete the course with an hour or two devoted each day to the training. Of course it can be done quicker if more time is dedicated to the course each day.
Our E-Learning system offers interaction with a trainer / assessor so it’s not all about multiple choice and true and false. Students receive meaningful feedback on their performance and practical activities are required to be undertaken in combination with the theory.
For a one off fee we offer dynamic content which changes as industry practices and legislation changes. You can log back in to the e-learning system at any time and re-read the material as a you see fit. Down the track if you wish to undertake the assessments again and be re-certified, there is an amount payable.
Who is eligible for our ‘refresher’ courses?
A refresher course is designed for those ARO’s with existing fundamental knowledge and skills acquired during initial training and workplace practice. It is not suitable for those that are new to the role.
A student is eligible to undertake our refresher training when they have either…
- Completed our ARO course (or our refresher) within the last 5 years, or
- Has completed our ARO course (or our refresher) and has been undertaking the ARO role regularly for at least the last two years, or
- Can provide an ARO course certificate (or refresher certificate) from another organisation within the last 5 years, or
- Can provide an ARO course certificate (or refresher certificate) from another organisation and has been undertaking the ARO role regularly for at least the last two years, or
- Can provide a Cert III in Aviation (Aerodrome Operations) from another organisation within the last 5 years or
- Can provide a Cert III in Aviation (Aerodrome Operations) from another organisation and has been undertaking the ARO role regularly for at least the last two years.
If the student has not undertaken their training with us, they must provide a copy of their certificate to us as evidence of their training.
If the student has a certificate that is older than 5 years, the student must provide at least three copies of serviceability inspection forms that they have completed over the last two-year period to demonstrate currency.